Collection Defense LAB aims to:
- Offer comfort and relief to clients experiencing harassment and problems with debt collection.
- Provide resources and attorneys to consumers being sued by debt buyers and collectors.
- Open free and sliding scale debt defense clinics in areas where consumers are in need of our services.
- Hold education sessions on debt defense and means for consumers to protect themselves against predatory collection practices.
- Improve consumers’ spending power by providing tools to help them liberate themselves from illegitimate debt collection matters.
- Help revitalize the U.S. economy by providing protection for consumers from harmful, unethical, and illegal debt collection practices.
- Sponsor scholarly initiatives to research the effects of debt collection practices in underserved communities.
- Work with policy makers to improve legal safeguards for consumers against harmful collection practices and to advocate for more enforcement funding for the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau.
- Put an end to deleterious debt buying and collection practices throughout the United States of America by working to reform the industry.
Want to help? Please review our donation opportunities here.